Friday, June 02, 2006

Can you even look me in the eye?

Apologies everyone for the erratic posting, paranoia and general annoying-ness that has been conveyed via this blog in the past few weeks and days. If you want me to be 100% honest I'll tell you I've been having a bit of a shit time recently - probably mostly my fault I must add - but I'm on the up I think. I'm ready to start the ascent up Everest, maybe happiness will be on the summit. And it'll be a hell of a journey.

Today it was sunny and I decided to wear short sleeves and a new skirt and new shoes, and you know what? I looked pretty. Shock. Horror. I looked presentable. Well there's a first time for everything. (There's a first and a last too but I won't spoil the moment.)

I'm definitely getting off Guernsey for the summer, although I'm as yet unsure as to where I'll be headed after the regatta in Cowes, IOW. I do know however that I'll be up in Scotland at the beginning of September for Uni visits in Edinburgh and Glasgow - so start preparing your shelters...

I'm having a music crisis at the moment too because currently P!nk, Enrique Iglesias and Lucie Silvas are on repeat. I blame it on the general suicidal outlook ;) Which is surely not the feeling they were getting at? Well who knows, maybe it's a global pop plot.

I'm working Saturdays and Sundays now, so between the hours of 7am and 3pm on a Saturday and 2:30pm and 10:30pm on a Sunday I will be Front of House manager. Yes that does mean a pay increase - wow I can't be half bad at this receptionist thing.

I've been going out a lot, to save me from myself lol. Been to see crappy movies and to hang out with Saff and her fiancé - their bed isn't very big though and it gets pretty crowded ;)

Anyway I think I'm out of the woods now, for a little while at least... I know I might have worried a few people but now it's all ok. Well ok in the sense that I think I'll leave my blood in my body for a while and I don't fancy another trip to A&E - my membership's run out anyway :P

Oh and it's 13 days until I'm 17 years old. Heck yes. I'm gonna drive :D - watch out...

Take care, be loved. xxx

3 comments:

Lolly said...

Glad things are going better for you :)
Focus on the good things in life and you'll be fine.

Woah - how come the blog changes when I try to comment?! It went all green!
:O

Speak to you soon hopefully - will be online more often! ^^

Lou xxxx

Gordon Strachan said...

Niki, are you honestly telling me that you thought yourself presentable?? Wow, it's hard to find anyone in this country that likes the way they look AND have the capacity for interesting conversation - I'm blessed to have found one.

Looking forward to September then, always welcome :)

Sigh, it's ironic that I am now managing to get on the internet, but at 2am when no one else is around.

Nice greenery you've got going :)

Nikita said...

Thanks Lou :) The blog should be all green now, I changed it again...
Hope you're doing ok - look forward to speaking to you soon.

Yep, it was just going out for lunch but I think I might just have been presentable for a while there. As for the interesting conversation...have you heard me?!

Actually I was up at 2am this morning but couldn't get online - I'll get on next time I'm staring at the ceiling for hours.

Be kind to yourselves
xxx