Monday, April 17, 2006

Time for films...

Oh dear, I seem to be onto something with these lists - yes I know they're literary suicide but I'm clutcthing at straws a little here and it's all I could think of doing. So we shall commence, this time with my top ten favourite DVD's - they have to be films I have copies of or else it'd take me years to compile a definitive list. In fact I don't think I could get it down to just ten... Once again these are in no particular order.

1. Lost In Translation

I've read a lot of reviews about this film, some singing its praises and others just being downright mean but I think there's something about it that just, clicks when you watch it. It's that sense of being surrounded by people and still feeling lost and alone, I think everyone knows that feeling on some level - and it's being in a big city that scares you. Plus of course Scarlett Johanssen is beautiful. (No Keir, I am not a lesbian...)

2. Crazy/Beautiful

Yes it has Kirsten Dunst in it. But I still like it. It's cute, no matter what some people may say...

3. Loch Ness

My favourite film of all time. No more needs to be said.

4. Donnie Darko

Everyone has seen this film, how can everyone not like it?

5. Sylvia

Devastating, beautiful.

6. The Perfect Storm

One of the few Hollywood films without a happy ending.

7. Top Gun

Yes it's sad, but it's a classic.

8. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Very strange, but I love Clementine's hair.

9. Romeo and Juliet

Amazing adaptation.

10. One Fine Day

Again it's sad, but it's got George Clooney in it...

xxx

6 comments:

Zed0 said...

Out of those I've only seen Lost in Translation (I really didn't see why everyone liked it so much), Donnie Darko (great film) and Romeo and Juliet (can barely remember it).

yeah... I'm not much of a movie buff. I bet Gordon has seen at least 8 of them.

Gordon Strachan said...

Gasp - I've only seen six... Shameful. But I have watched Lost in Translation more than five and a half people can count on their fingers.

With the exceptions of Loch Ness and Top Gun, I'd say that's not a bad list at all - The Director's Cut of Donnie Darko puts a much greater emphasis on the idea of agnosticism (and what films can claim that?!) which I'd recommend looking out for, although I'm not sure its a better (or worse) film for the change.

George Clooney IS hot (no, I am not a lesbian) ;)

LauraEllen said...

Umm, I haven't seen any of those films...........

*runs to hide from the wrath that will surely emerge fairly soon*

Nikita said...

WHAT??!?!?!

Gordon Strachan said...

*unleashes wrath*

LauraEllen said...

Oh dear

*runs away to hide from Gordon and Niki's wrath - to a video store*